Four NMC technicians were fully supported to join the training course on electrical metrology for two months from 13 June through 12 Ausgust 2016 in Beijing and Nanning.
To implement the MoU for cooperation in Metrology between NIM,China and NMC, Cambodia, NIM, China has supported NMC in the following:
- Donating Three-phase Electricity Meter Calibration Equipment (1 set) AC voltage: 57.7v-230v, AC current: 0.1A-100A, MPE of AC Electricity Energy: 0.05% ,and 13 sets of Weights including F1 class (1 mg-20 kg) (2 sets) and F2 class (1 mg-20 kg) (11 sets)
- Two NMC technicians were supported to join the APEC Training Course on Solar Cell and LED Measurement Standards and Technologies to be held from 28 -30 May 2017 in Beijing.
- Two NMC technicians were supported to join APEC Workshop on Capacity Building of Measurement Standards and Technology in Grain Food Safety to be held from 12 -13 October 2017 in Beijing.
- NIM organized technical training course to 30 staff of metrology for one month from 13 Novemeber to 12 December 2017 at Sunway Hotel, Phnom Penh.
- Four NMC technicians were invited to join 6 months training course on electricity, mechanics, and length which was held from 01 July to 30 December 2018 at NIM, China.
- Six high ranking officials of the Ministry of Industry & Handicraft were invited to pay an official working visit in China for six days from 06-11 May 2018 in Beijing.
- Four leaders of MIH and NMC were invited to join the Conference on Langcang-Mekong Cooperation on Metrology, which was held from 31 Ausgust to 04 September 2018 in Beijing, China.
- Four NMC staff attended the workshop on Langcang-Mekong Cooperation on the prioritized field of Metrology to be held from 05-14 September 2018 in Bejing, China.
- NIM, China assisted NMC to develop technical regulation for electrical energy meter.
- Under Mekong-Langcang Project, NIM has donated 5 kinds of standard equipment to NMC.
- NIM will provide another set of weights to NMC in February 2020
- NIM will support NMC to establish Time and Frequency Laboratory in 2020.
Over the past four years, under the auspices and support of His Excellency Kitti Settha Pandita CHAM Prasidh, Senior Minister, Minister of Industry & Handicraft, NMC has had four MoUs with China as follows:
- On April 27, 2016, the National Metrology Center (NMC) and the National Institute of Metrology (NIM), China signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for Cooperation in Metrology at NMC presided over by H.E Kitti Settha Pandita CHAM Prasidh, Senior Minister, Minister of Industry and Handicraft.
- On September 20, 2016, H.E Kitti Settha Pandita CHAM Prasidh, Senior Minister, Minister of Industry and Handicraft signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the cooperation with His Excellency ZHI Shuping, Minister in charge of General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine of the People’s Republic of China (AQSIQ) in Beijing, China.
- On April 23, 2019, H.E Kitti Settha Pandita CHAM Prasidh, Senior Minister, Minister of Industry and Handicraft and His Excellency QIN Yizhi, Vice Minister of State Administion for Market Regulation signed the Joint Statement on Enhancing the Cooperation between Ministry of Industry and Handicraft and the State Administion for Market Regulation of the People’s Republic of China in Phnom Penh
- On November 13, 2019, H.E Kitti Settha Pandita CHAM Prasidh, Senior Minister, Minister of Industry and Handicraft and HE TIAN Shihong, Deputy Minister of State Administration for Market Regulation of the People’s Republic of China, signed the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on cooperation between the Ministry of Industry & Industry, and the State Administration for Market Regulation of the P.R of China in the field of standardization, comformity assessment, metrology and e and suppervision of requirements for product quality and safety in Phnom Penh.